We are currently retained on an Executive Search assignment for an exciting leadership opportunity for a Managing Director. The role will be based in the South Wales region for one of our clients and has an international scope of responsibility.
This is a fantastic opportunity which allows a lot of autonomy to lead a business whilst being part of a wider international group. The business operates within a niche sector and offers great opportunity to test your business leadership capabilities.
Our client has a rich heritage from their original roots dating back over 100 years.
Ideal Managing Director Candidate Profile:
- A number of years’ experience at Executive Management level in an organisation of similar scale and complexity.
- External market focus; entrepreneurial, agile, new/novel approaches to penetrate markets and to operating the business; fully embracing being part of a bigger Group.
- The candidate should have experience of analytical instrumentation/medical devices sectors in order to quickly hit the ground running with strong market awareness.
- A proven ability to translate strategy into sound operational plans.
- A track record of delivery within an organisation demonstrating effective customer focus and strong performance management.
- Well-developed people management skills and a passion for delivering success through staff.
- A demonstrable track record of innovation, from conception to roll out.
- An inspirational leader, who has versatility of style and who can operate effectively, not only internally but with a wide and varied set of external stakeholders.
- An individual of stand-out calibre who is highly credible and commercial; an effective senior level operator with a bias for action and a can-do approach.
- Creates opportunities for growth and generating value by leveraging customer, brand, and market insights.
- Strong Financial Acumen.
- Candidates will have gained experience in a Managing or Deputy Managing Director role where they have held similar P&L responsibility.
- Experience of working for an overseas parent company is considered highly advantageous.
Ideally candidates will be educated to degree level or equivalent.
- The successful candidate will be taking on full day-to-day responsibilities for the total performance of the business, whilst reporting into a CEO based overseas.
- To lead a team dedicated to the exploitation of a strong and recently developed product range on a worldwide basis.
- To effectively develop and lead a team with an external market
- To have a proactive approach to developing a substantial network of both internal and external contacts within appropriate markets.
- To satisfy customer expectations in an environment where quality and the integrity of both product and management are critical factors in winning both new and repeat business.
- To develop management to achieve high growth and strategic success to promote a culture of innovation, and a genuine desire to “win”. To give appropriate guidance to the team, while encouraging them to be accountable and to develop the ability to manage situations and problems with confidence and skill.
- To develop and maintain an exceptional customer service culture which delivers excellent service consistently, and maintains sound client relationships.
- To apply cost control regime which ensures that the company’s cost base remains competitive.
- To achieve a blend of cultural values, business acumen, sound control and winning attitude which will ensure that the business out-performs its competitors and achieves growth.
Attractive base salary & package
A relocation package is available if appropriate